Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jumpin' Up!

The weather has been very warm (mid to high 90s) and I've watered everything well plus we had about 1/4" of rain today. And the garden exploded in new plants! I just put seeds in the ground 3 days ago, and look what has happened. If you can't read the chart click on it for a larger, more clear image.

In addition, I've taken my mother's fabulous cheese cake recipe and used my homemade cream cheese and homemade graham crackers to create something fantastic. Well, it's still in the oven but the smell is unbelievable! I'll freeze it for serving to company another time.

I'm having pizza for dinner tonight using homemade pizza crust according to my daughter Molly's recipe and my homemade Mozzarella cheese. Storebought pepperoni - no idea how to make that at home but maybe someday I'll attempt it.

I'm slowly adopting the slow food philosophy. http://www.slowfoodusa.org/index.html

No comments: