Friday, September 30, 2011

Now appearing in the garden...

Popping up today are the tomatillo seedlings. Good, since this is a warm weather crop, I need them to get a good headstart before the weather turns cool. Still don't know if I was too late planting them. My plan for these veggies is canned salsa verde. Crossing my fingers!

I looked up today how to make homemade organic detergents, soap, shampoo and conditioner. I may give it a try. Store bought shampoos, soaps, etc. are hard on the environment as the chemicals in them don't break down and eventually pollute our waters. All those suds we are used to when washing are not the product of the cleansing agents but just sudsing agents added to make us think we're getting dishes, laundry, our bodies, hair, whatever, cleaner. It would take some getting used to washing with homemade products that don't foam and bubble.

No comments: