Monday, January 23, 2012

What's up, Doc?

Bugs Bunny would be happy in my garden this month. The carrots are looking very good, but still small, so I'll leave them in the ground at least another couple of weeks.
Broccoli and cauliflower are looking healthy but no flowers, yet. I meant to feed them again this weekend but didn't get around to it despite the beautiful weather.

Potatoes are going crazy above ground, with healthy looking vines and leaves. They're a long way from being pulled, probably not until early fall.

Now for the disappointing news. After I planted all those Sweet Charlie strawberry plants I expected a bed full of strawberry plants and some even starting to fruit. Not so much. Just a few little plants with new leaves and no flowers or berries.  <*sigh*>

No lemons this year on the tree. It should be getting ready to flower in another month so I'll know then if I'll have lemons next year. I may plant an orange tree. I think I have the perfect spot for it.

If you are a gardener please let me know what's going on in your garden in late January.

No comments: