Saturday, May 23, 2009

Purple Potato Harvest!


Had a pretty good but small harvest of purple potatoes. I bought 6 little ones (fingerling size) at the grocery story back in February, let them sprout in the kitchen window, planted them Feb. 22, and dug up the result this morning. I planted 6 small potatoes and got a little over 3 lb. of potatoes 90 days later, so that's not too bad. It was an experiment so next year I think I'll plant more. In the picture notice that I cut one of the potatoes and they really are purple, through and through. Going to Hubble and Hudson's to see if they have maroon celery so I can use these potatoes, red onions and purple/maroon celery to make purple potato salad. I think it would look pretty on the plate served on a lettuce leaf as a side dish with grilled chicken.

No comments: